MGMA Advocacy and Other Resources
- MGMA urges HHS to immediately begin financial support of medical groups (Mar. 27).
- MGMA urges HHS to further waive telehealth restrictions following CARES Act (Mar. 27).
- Statement on emergency funding for medical practices (Mar. 27).
- Together with a coalition of leading stakeholder groups, MGMA urges Congress to leverage health IT during COVID-19 emergency (Mar. 23)
- MGMA joins a coalition to call on Congress to ensure sustainability of physician practices during COVID-19 emergency (Mar. 20).
- MGMA calls on Congress to suspend appropriate use criteria (AUC) program, together with industry coalition (Mar. 20).
- MGMA recommends Congress to provide direct financial assistance to group practices and take further action on COVID-19 (Mar. 18).
- MGMA joins coalition recommending the Senate, House, and Administration ensure access to Medicare value-based care during COVID-19 pandemic (Mar. 18).
- MGMA asks HHS to exercise telehealth waiver authority (Mar. 11).
A SPECIAL MGMA INSIGHTS PODCAST SERIES ON COVID-19
- Episode 1: An action plan for medical practices and healthcare professionals
- Episode 2: ‘COVID-19 has pretty much taken over my life’: A practice administrator’s perspective
- Episode 3: How one of Northern California’s largest health systems is responding to the crisis
- Episode 4: What healthcare leaders need to know about telehealth and the CMS policy changes
- Episode 5: Flattening the curve for America’s elderly patients through quarantine and isolation
- Episode 6: Did the healthcare system let down providers fighting on the front line?
- Episode 7: Keeping ‘a unified voice’ across a multispecialty clinic’s operations during the pandemic
- CMS Resource on Current Emergencies
- CMS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Partner Toolkit
- Medicare COVID-19 Coverage and Payment
- Medicaid and CHIP Coverage and Benefits
- Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- CDC COVID-19 website
- What healthcare personnel should know about caring for patients with confirmed or possible COVID-19 infection
- Answers to frequently asked questions from healthcare providers
- Evaluation of patients under investigation
- Collection and submission of specimens
- Infection control and clinical care guidance
- Guidance for healthcare personnel with potential exposure
- Johns Hopkins Mapping Tool for COVID-19
- World Health Organization Coronavirus website
- National Governors Association page on COVID-19
- AMA quick guide to telemedicine in practice
- ASPR COVID-19 Healthcare Planning Checklist
- OCR Bulletin: HIPAA Privacy & COVID-19
- Office of the Attending Physician COVID-19 decision tool
- US Department of Labor FFCRA guidance